Earn $26.00 Per hour working with Atlas Electrical Inc. as an Electrician in Canada. Continue reading to apply.
Job details: Electrician Needed Urgently By Atlas
Job Position: Electrician
Employer: Atlas Electrical Inc.
Location: Kelowna, BC
Salary: $26.00 hourly / 40 hours per week
Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time
Start Date: Immediate
Vacancies: 20 vacancies
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
- Professionalism in customer service
- Install underground wiring and cables
- Install, replace, and repair electrical controls and panel boxes
- Maintain maintenance reports and documentation
- Design and construct single-phase service for single or multimeter installations
- Splice, join, and connect wires
- Design and construct low voltage (30 to 750V) multiphase service for single or multimeter installations
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults, integrity of circuits
- Determine appropriate selection of materials and methods for hazardous locations
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults
- Connect power to audio and visual equipment
- Install surface mount and/or overhead cables
- Instruct apprentices
- Install power generation, stand-by power generation, and power conditioning systems
- Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems, and structures, including swimming pools and hot tubs
- Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications
Who Can Apply to This Job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to Apply
Send your application to [email protected].
Atlas Electrical Solutions is a full-service residential and commercial electrical company serving Kelowna, BC, and all surrounding areas. Join our team of experienced professionals and contribute to our commitment to providing high-quality electrical services to our clients. Apply today to become a part of Atlas Electrical Inc.’s success story. Your journey starts here.
For the latest Electrician Jobs in Canada Click here
Work Environment for Electricians in Canada:
Working as an electrician in Canada can involve various environments, including:
- Construction Sites: Electricians often work on construction sites, where they install electrical systems in new buildings or renovation projects. This can include both indoor and outdoor work.
- Residential and Commercial Settings: Electricians may work in residential homes or commercial buildings, handling electrical repairs, maintenance, and installations.
- Industrial Facilities: Some electricians work in industrial settings, dealing with complex electrical systems and machinery.
- On the Road: Electricians might need to travel between job sites, both locally and regionally, which can vary by location and employer.
- Working at Heights: Electricians may be required to work at heights, such as when installing overhead cables or working on lighting systems.
- Hazardous Locations: Some electricians work in hazardous environments and must ensure they follow safety protocols to manage risks.
Tips for Working as an Electrician in Canada:
- Certification: Ensure you have the necessary Electrician Trade Certification to work legally in Canada.
- Safety First: Prioritize safety at all times, following safety guidelines and using protective equipment.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest electrical codes and technologies through ongoing education and training.
- Apprenticeship: Consider starting as an apprentice to gain hands-on experience and learn from experienced electricians.
- Networking: Build a strong professional network in the electrical industry to access opportunities and support.
- Problem-Solving: Develop strong troubleshooting skills as electrical work often involves diagnosing and fixing issues.
- Physical Fitness: Electricians often need to work in physically demanding conditions, so maintaining good physical health is important.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service, as professionalism in dealing with clients is crucial.
Education and Certification Requirements for Electricians in Canada:
To become an electrician in Canada, you typically need:
- Education: A secondary (high) school graduation certificate is generally required.
- Certification: Electrician Trade Certification is a mandatory requirement for practicing as an electrician in Canada. This certification ensures that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to work safely and effectively with electrical systems.
- Apprenticeship: Many electricians in Canada begin their careers by completing an apprenticeship program. During the apprenticeship, you gain hands-on experience and work under the guidance of experienced electricians.
- Licensing: Some provinces or territories may have specific licensing requirements or additional certifications. It’s essential to check the requirements in your specific region for full compliance.
In summary, becoming an electrician in Canada involves obtaining the required education, gaining practical experience through apprenticeship, and securing the Electrician Trade Certification to work legally and safely in the field.