LMIA Approved Administrative Assistant Job in Canada: Fraserview Vegetables Ltd is urgently in need of multiple Administrative Assistant. If working as an Administrative Assistant is what you don’t mind. Kindly apply before closure date. Fraserview Vegetables Ltd is looking for competent Administrative Assistant workers to support their Abbotsford, BC branch. Keeping reading to apply.
Job Posting: Administrative Assistant (LMIA Approved)
Employer: Fraserview Vegetables Ltd
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Salary: $28.00 hourly
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
LMIA Approved: Yes
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Arrange and co-ordinate seminars, conferences, etc.
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars, and conferences
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Answer electronic enquiries
- Compile data, statistics, and other information
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Arrange travel, related itineraries, and make reservations
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms, and other documents
- Respond to employee questions and complaints
- Oversee the preparation of reports
- Perform data entry
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate daily operations
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit. If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
By email: [email protected]
Work Environment for Administrative Assistant in Canada:
Administrative Assistants in Canada typically work in diverse environments, ranging from corporate offices to government agencies and non-profit organizations.
The work atmosphere is often fast-paced, requiring strong organizational and multitasking skills.
These professionals may find themselves in dynamic settings where teamwork and effective communication are crucial.
The office culture tends to be collaborative, with Administrative Assistants playing a key role in supporting various departments and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations.
Adaptability, attention to detail, and proficiency in utilizing office technology are highly valued in this role.
Tips for Working as an Administrative Assistant in Canada:
- Master Organizational Skills: Given the varied responsibilities, organizational skills are paramount. Develop effective systems for managing tasks, appointments, and information to enhance overall efficiency.
- Communication is Key: Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Ensure clarity in your interactions, whether it’s answering the phone, responding to emails, or preparing documents.
- Embrace Technology: Stay abreast of office software and technology. Proficiency in tools like Microsoft Office, scheduling software, and data management systems is often expected.
- Cultivate Professionalism: Administrative Assistants are often the first point of contact for clients or visitors. Present yourself professionally, both in demeanor and appearance, to create a positive impression.
- Be Adaptable: The work environment may present unexpected challenges. Being adaptable and quick-thinking will help you navigate unforeseen situations with ease.
- Team Collaboration: Foster positive relationships with colleagues. Administrative Assistants often work closely with various departments, making teamwork an integral part of success.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated on industry trends and best practices. Continuous learning not only enhances your skills but also demonstrates your commitment to professional growth.
Education and Certification Requirements for Administrative Assistant in Canada:
To become an Administrative Assistant in Canada, a high school diploma or equivalent (secondary school graduation certificate) is typically the minimum educational requirement. While not mandatory, pursuing additional education, such as a diploma or certificate in office administration or a related field, can enhance your job prospects.
Certification is not universally required but obtaining certifications, such as the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) designation, can demonstrate your commitment to professionalism and may be advantageous in securing certain positions. Additionally, specific software certifications, like Microsoft Office Specialist, can further validate your skills in commonly used office tools.