Bookkeeper is needed by Prime Green ltd. based in Melfort, Saskatchewan. Salary: CAD $26.00 per hour. Continue reading to see how to apply before it closes.
Farm Supervisor needed by Prime Green House Ltd.
- Location: SW- 04-45-15-W 2nd Melfort, SK S0E 1A0
- Salary: CAD 26.00 hourly / 32 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Prepare tax returns
- Prepare trial balance of books
- Reconcile accounts
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- Quick Books
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Efficient interpersonal skills
How to apply
About the Company (Prime Green House Ltd)
Prime Green House Ltd is a greenhouse grower and distributor of fresh produce in Melfort, Saskatchewan. The company was founded in 1985 and currently operates two greenhouses, with a total growing area of 10 acres. Prime Green House grows a variety of crops, including cucumbers, tomatoes, herbs, and peppers. The company’s products are sold to grocery stores, restaurants, and other food retailers throughout Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Prime Green House is committed to sustainable agriculture and uses a variety of practices to reduce its environmental impact. The company uses rainwater harvesting to irrigate its crops, and it also uses energy-efficient lighting and heating systems. Prime Green House is also a member of the Saskatchewan Greenhouse Growers Association, and it is certified by the Canadian Greenhouse Certification Council.
In addition to growing and distributing fresh produce, Prime Green House also offers a variety of educational programs to the community. The company hosts school tours, and it also offers workshops on topics such as gardening and healthy eating.
Here are some of the job openings at Prime Green House Ltd:
- Farm Supervisor
- Greenhouse Labourer
- Administrative Assistant
- Sales Representative
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Plant Technician
If you are interested in working at Prime Green House Ltd, you can find more information on the company’s website or by contacting the human resources department.
Here are some of the things that make Prime Green House Ltd a great place to work:
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Commitment to sustainability
- Educational programs for employees
If you are looking for a rewarding career in the agriculture industry, Prime Green House Ltd is a great place to start.
About the Position: Bookkeeper
Average salary: $40,810 per year or $20 per hour
Education and training: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required, along with some bookkeeping experience. Some employers may also prefer candidates with a diploma or certificate in bookkeeping or accounting.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Record financial transactions, such as invoices, receipts, and payments.
- Prepare financial statements, such as balance sheets and income statements.
- Maintain accounts payable and receivable.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare payroll.
- File tax returns.
Skills and qualities:
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other accounting software
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication and customer service skills
The job outlook for bookkeepers in Canada is expected to grow by 8% over the next 10 years, which is about as fast as the average for all occupations. This growth is due to the increasing demand for bookkeeping services from businesses of all sizes.
If you are interested in a career as a bookkeeper, you can start by gaining experience in bookkeeping or accounting. You can also take courses in bookkeeping or accounting. Once you have the necessary skills and experience, you can start applying for bookkeeper positions.
3,000+ Bookkeeper Jobs in Canada
Latest Bookkeeper jobs in (some with visa sponsorship), Start applying. below:
- Available Jobs: 1102
- Alberta offers a significant number of bookkeeper positions. If you’re interested in contributing your skills to the financial sector in Alberta, check out the opportunities here: Apply
2. British Columbia
- Available Jobs: 1050
- British Columbia presents a thriving landscape for bookkeepers. Explore the available positions and be a part of the financial workforce in this beautiful province: Apply
- Available Jobs: 125
- Manitoba may have a smaller number of bookkeeping roles compared to other provinces, but each opportunity is valuable. Discover the openings and consider joining the financial community in Manitoba: Apply
4. New Brunswick
- Available Jobs: 41
- New Brunswick offers a range of bookkeeper positions for those looking to contribute to the financial stability of the province. Explore these roles and make your mark: Apply
5. Newfoundland and Labrador
- Available Jobs: 8
- While the number of opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador might be limited, your expertise as a bookkeeper could have a meaningful impact. Check out these positions: Apply
6. Nova Scotia
- Available Jobs: 45
- Nova Scotia provides a variety of bookkeeping roles across different industries. If you’re interested in contributing to the financial management of businesses here, explore these openings: Apply
- Available Jobs: 1163
- Ontario, being a major economic hub, offers a wealth of bookkeeper job opportunities. Join the financial workforce in the province by exploring and applying for these roles: Apply
8. Prince Edward Island
- Available Jobs: 4
- While Prince Edward Island has a smaller number of positions, your contribution as a bookkeeper could be highly valuable. Explore these opportunities and contribute to the financial stability of the province: Apply
- Available Jobs: 141
- Québec’s diverse economy provides numerous openings for bookkeepers. If you’re looking to apply your financial expertise in Québec, consider these opportunities: Apply
- Available Jobs: 99
- Saskatchewan offers a range of bookkeeper positions that contribute to the financial management of businesses in the province. Explore these openings and become a part of the financial workforce: Apply
- Available Jobs: 5
- While the number of opportunities in Yukon is limited, your role as a bookkeeper could have a meaningful impact. Check out these positions and contribute to the financial well-being of the territory: Apply
Whether you’re an experienced bookkeeper or just starting your career in the financial sector, these opportunities across different provinces of Canada offer you the chance to contribute your skills and expertise. Explore the provided links to apply for the positions that align with your career aspirations and goals.
Understanding the Role: What Does a Bookkeeper Do?
A Bookkeeper is essentially the financial heartbeat of an organization. This role involves recording, organizing, and maintaining financial transactions, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations. From small businesses to large corporations, bookkeepers play a vital role in keeping the financial engine running smoothly.
- Recording and categorizing financial transactions, including invoices, receipts, and payments.
- Reconciling bank statements and ensuring the accuracy of accounts.
- Preparing financial statements, including balance sheets and income statements.
- Managing payroll and associated taxes.
- Monitoring accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assisting in budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations and standards.
- Attention to Detail: Bookkeepers deal with intricate financial data, requiring a sharp eye for accuracy and precision.
- Organizational Skills: Managing various financial records and transactions necessitates excellent organizational abilities.
- Numerical Proficiency: A strong grasp of numbers and arithmetic is fundamental to this role.
- Software Proficiency: Familiarity with accounting software such as QuickBooks or Sage is often required.
- Analytical Thinking: Bookkeepers may need to analyze financial data to identify trends, discrepancies, or areas for improvement.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication is important when working with colleagues, clients, and external partners.
Salary and Compensation:
The salary of a Bookkeeper in Canada can vary based on factors such as location, experience, and the size of the organization. On average, an entry-level bookkeeper might earn around $40,000 to $45,000 CAD per year. With more experience and expertise, this figure can rise to approximately $50,000 to $60,000 CAD annually. Bookkeepers with specialized skills and certifications may command higher salaries.
Education and Qualifications
While a formal degree is not always mandatory, many employers prefer candidates with at least a diploma or certificate in accounting, finance, or a related field. Additionally, obtaining certifications such as the Canadian Bookkeeping Certification or the Certified Professional Bookkeeper designation can enhance your credibility and job prospects.
Career Growth and Opportunities:
Starting as a bookkeeper can be a stepping stone to various career paths within the financial realm. With experience, you might advance to roles such as Accounting Manager, Financial Analyst, or even Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for larger organizations.
In conclusion, a career as a Bookkeeper offers an exciting opportunity to engage with the financial intricacies that power businesses across Canada. Whether you’re drawn to the meticulous nature of the role or the satisfaction of contributing to a company’s financial success, the path of a bookkeeper holds promise and potential.
If you’re intrigued by numbers, detail-oriented work, and the prospect of shaping financial landscapes, consider embarking on a journey as a Bookkeeper in Canada. This role not only offers stability but also a gateway to a dynamic and rewarding career in the financial world.
So, if you’re ready to balance the books, manage transactions, and chart financial courses, the role of a bookkeeper might just be your next big step on the path to professional fulfillment.
Ready to take on the role of a bookkeeper in Canada? Start your journey today!