Administrative Secretary is Urgently needed by the University of Lethbridge. If working in Canada as an Administrative Secretary is what you like, then apply now before it closes.
If you are a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, we encourage you to apply for this Administrative Secretary position.
The Administrative Secretary provides administrative support to the Executive Director and other members of the executive team. The Administrative Secretary is responsible for a variety of tasks, including scheduling appointments, managing correspondence, preparing reports, and providing general office support.
- Location: Lethbridge, AB
- Salary: $3,686 to 4,516 monthly (to be negotiated) / 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract, Full time, Day
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits
- Source: Job Bank #2537542
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
2 years to less than 3 years
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Compile data, statistics and other information
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Respond to employee questions and complaints
- Perform data entry
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Time management
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
- As per collective agreement
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
About University of Lethbridge
The University of Lethbridge is a public comprehensive and research university located in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
It was founded in 1967 and has over 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
The U of L offers over 150 undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide range of disciplines, including business, engineering, education, fine arts, health sciences, humanities, science, and social sciences.
The U of L is a member of the U15, a group of Canada’s leading research-intensive universities. The university has a strong focus on research and innovation, and its researchers have made significant contributions in a variety of fields, including astrophysics, environmental science, and health sciences.
The U of L is also committed to providing students with a well-rounded education. The university offers a variety of extracurricular activities and opportunities for students to get involved, including clubs, sports, and volunteer opportunities.
The U of L is a vibrant and growing university that is making a positive impact on the community. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding university experience, the U of L is a great option.
Here are some of the key facts about the University of Lethbridge:
- Founded in 1967
- Located in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
- Undergraduate and graduate students: 9,000
- Undergraduate programs: 150+
- Graduate programs: 75+
- Member of the U15
- Strong focus on research and innovation
- Vibrant and growing university
If you are interested in learning more about the University of Lethbridge, please visit their website: https://www.ulethbridge.ca/welcome-university-lethbridge
About Administrative Secretary
An administrative secretary is a professional who provides administrative support to an organization or individual. They typically have a high school diploma or equivalent, and some employers prefer candidates with some college or university coursework in business administration or a related field.
The duties and responsibilities of an administrative secretary vary depending on the specific job and the organization. However, some common duties include:
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Preparing and distributing documents
- Filing and organizing paperwork
- Managing office supplies
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Providing customer service
Administrative secretaries must be able to type, proofread, and format documents accurately. They must also be able to use a variety of software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
Administrative secretaries must also be able to work independently and as part of a team. They must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Administrative Secretary Salary
The salary for an administrative secretary varies depending on the specific job, the organization, and the level of experience. However, the average salary for an administrative secretary in Canada is around $40,000 per year.
Here are some of the skills and qualities that are important for an administrative secretary:
- Communication: Administrative secretaries must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of people, including clients, colleagues, and supervisors. They must be able to clearly and concisely convey information in both written and verbal form.
- Organization: Administrative secretaries must be able to keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines. They must be able to organize their work efficiently and effectively.
- Attention to detail: Administrative secretaries must be able to proofread documents carefully and catch any errors. They must also be able to follow instructions accurately.
- Problem-solving: Administrative secretaries must be able to identify and solve problems quickly and efficiently. They must be able to think critically and come up with creative solutions.
- Teamwork: Administrative secretaries must be able to work effectively as part of a team. They must be able to collaborate with others and share information.
If you are interested in a career as an administrative secretary, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of success.
First, make sure you have the necessary skills and qualities. You can do this by taking courses in business administration or a related field and by gaining experience in a secretarial or administrative role.
Second, network with people in the field. Attend industry events and connect with people on LinkedIn.
Third, tailor your resume and cover letter to each job you apply for. Highlight your skills and experience that are relevant to the specific job. Finally, practice your interviewing skills. Be prepared to answer questions about your skills and experience, and be able to articulate why you are a good fit for the job.
JOBS OTHERS ARE APPLYING FOR: