SSi Canada Is Currently Hiring Customer Service Agent, continue reading to apply
- Location: 230 Herzberg Road, Kanata, ONK2K 2A1 (Remote work available)
- Salary: $18.00 to 24.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / $37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Other benefits
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Maternity and parental benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Team-building opportunities
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
About SSi Canada
SSi Canada is a Canadian wireless broadband internet service provider primarily serving remote areas that lack terrestrial service options. It was founded in 1990 by Jeffrey Philipp and is headquartered in Yellowknife, capital of the Northwest Territories. SSi is also a provider of Satellite Communication services, offered in locations that do not have terrestrial service options. They offer turnkey Internet systems to other ISPs. They have a local market serving all 25 communities in Nunavut and several in the Northwest Territories.
SSi Canada is a privately held company and is not part of the Big 3 mobile companies in Canada. However, it is a major player in the remote communications market and provides essential services to many communities in the North.
SSi Canada’s network is based on the Motorola Expedience line of product, which is a licensed broadband Internet service delivered over a licensed spectrum of 2.5-2.6 GHz in Canada. The Expedience system consists of base stations that deliver a wireless signal throughout the community, and of residential subscriber units (or RSUs) that are provided to customers, which receive the signal from the base stations.
In 2016-17, SSi upgraded their network to 4G-LTE wireless and mobile technology. This allows them to offer faster speeds and better coverage to their customers.
SSi Canada is committed to providing reliable and affordable telecommunications services to remote communities in Canada. They are a valuable asset to the North and play an important role in connecting people and businesses.
Here are some of the key facts about SSi Canada:
- Founded in 1990
- Headquarters in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
- Provides wireless broadband internet service to remote communities in Canada
- Also offers satellite communication services
- Not part of the Big 3 mobile companies in Canada
- Key player in the remote communications market
- Provides essential services to many communities in the North
- Committed to providing reliable and affordable telecommunications services