If you are a foreigner looking for the latest jobs in Canada for foreigners with Visa Sponsorship or with LMIA Approved. Then this LMIA Approved Job is what you need. Apply Now before it closes.
Job Details: Long Haul Truck Driver – Calgary, AB
Job Position: Long Haul Truck Driver
Company: Yashmaan Ltd
Location: Calgary, AB
Salary: $28.85 hourly, 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment, Full time
Work Schedule: Day, Evening, Weekend
Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
LMIA Approved: Yes
Are you an experienced driver with a passion for the open road? Yashmaan Ltd based in Calgary, AB, is seeking a dedicated Long Haul Truck Driver to join our team. As a Long Haul Truck Driver, you will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth and efficient transportation of cargo on international routes. If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging career that offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
- Cargo Transportation: Obtain special permits and necessary documents required for the safe and legal transport of cargo on international routes.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Oversee the condition of the truck and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment to ensure they meet safety standards.
- Emergency Repairs: Perform emergency roadside repairs when necessary to keep the vehicle in optimal working condition.
- Inspections: Conduct pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections and oversee all aspects of the vehicle to ensure safety and compliance.
- Record-Keeping: Accurately record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled, and fuel consumption for each trip.
- Cargo Security: Safeguard cargo by appropriately tarping it and ensuring its safety and security throughout the journey.
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Experience: Will train.
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
Experience and Specialization:
- Documentation Knowledge
- Driver Logbook
- Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract)
Who Can Apply to This Job:
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
About the Employer: Yashmaan Ltd
Yashmaan Ltd is a freight shipping trucking company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The company was founded in 2022 and is licensed to operate in Canada and the United States. Yashmaan Ltd offers a variety of transportation services, including:
- Dry van freight
- Flatbed freight
- Temperature-controlled freight
- Oversized and over-dimensional freight
- Specialized freight
How to Apply:
If you are ready to embark on an exciting journey as a Long Haul Truck Driver with Yashmaan Ltd, please submit your application to [email protected].
Join our team and be part of an organization that values safety, professionalism, and delivering excellence in transportation. Apply today and let your career hit the road!
Work Environment for Long Haul Truck Drivers:
The work environment for Long Haul Truck Drivers is dynamic and varied. Here are some key aspects of their work environment:
- On the Road: Long Haul Truck Drivers spend the majority of their time on the road, covering extensive distances within Canada and even internationally. Expect long hours behind the wheel.
- Diverse Routes: Drivers encounter a wide range of routes, from scenic highways to urban streets, with varying weather conditions and traffic patterns.
- Independence: Truck drivers often work independently, managing their schedules and responsibilities. They have the freedom to make decisions while adhering to safety regulations.
- Lifestyle Impact: The job can have a significant impact on personal life due to extended periods away from home. Adaptability and resilience are crucial.
- Physical Demands: Drivers need to be physically fit as the job involves loading and unloading cargo, tarping loads, and performing vehicle inspections.
- Safety Focus: Safety is paramount. Long Haul Truck Drivers must remain vigilant on the road, follow regulations, and address any mechanical issues promptly.
Tips for Working as a Long Haul Truck Driver in Canada:
- Time Management: Efficient time management is essential to meet delivery deadlines and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Stay Informed: Keep updated on traffic conditions, weather forecasts, and road closures for safe and efficient travel.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Maintain a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and get adequate rest to cope with the physical and mental demands of the job.
- Communication: Effective communication with dispatchers, clients, and fellow truckers is vital for a successful journey.
- Adaptability: Be flexible in your approach, especially when faced with unexpected delays or changes in routes.
- Maintenance: Regularly inspect and maintain your vehicle to ensure it’s in top working condition.
- Cultural Awareness: When crossing international borders, be aware of customs and immigration regulations, and carry the necessary documentation.
Skills and Knowledge Needed as a Long Haul Truck Driver in Canada:
- Driving Skills: Proficiency in operating a commercial vehicle, understanding road safety rules, and handling various weather conditions.
- Route Planning: Knowledge of efficient routes, map-reading skills, and the ability to use GPS technology.
- Mechanical Skills: Basic vehicle maintenance knowledge for minor repairs and troubleshooting.
- Documentation: Accurate record-keeping skills, including logbooks and cargo documentation.
- Time Management: Effective time management to meet delivery schedules.
- Customer Service: Good interpersonal skills for dealing with clients, shippers, and receivers.
- Physical Endurance: The ability to handle the physical demands of loading/unloading and securing cargo.
- Cultural Awareness: Understanding and adherence to international regulations when crossing borders.
Education and Certification Required for Long Haul Truck Drivers in Canada:
- High School Diploma: Typically, Long Haul Truck Drivers need a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Commercial Driver’s License: A valid Class 1 or A driver’s license is required, which often includes written and practical tests.
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement: Many provinces in Canada require an air brake endorsement for operating vehicles with air brakes.
- Certification: Although not mandatory in all provinces, certification programs are available and can enhance job prospects.
- Training: Completing a truck driving training program can provide essential knowledge and skills. Some employers may offer on-the-job training.
In summary, Long Haul Truck Drivers in Canada need a blend of driving skills, physical fitness, and a strong work ethic. While formal education requirements are minimal, the importance of continuous learning and adherence to safety regulations cannot be understated in this profession.
For more LMIA Approved Long Haul Truck Jobs in Canada, Kindly CLICK HERE
JOBS OTHERS ARE ALSO APPLYING FOR: