Earn $15.58 per hour working as a cashier at Walmart Canada. If working at Walmart Canada is what you like, then continue reading to apply.
Job Details: Cashier at Walmart Canada
Job Position: Cashier
Employer: Walmart Canada
Location: 420 Ninth Street West, Cornwall, ON
Salary: $15.58 per hour | CA$33K-CA$108K (Employer EST)
Job Type: Part-time
Shift/Hours: Morning, night, overnight
To process transactions and provide exceptional customer service to ensure a positive shopping experience and drive customer loyalty.
What you’ll do…
- Greets all customers in a polite and friendly manner.
- Processes all purchase transactions in a timely and efficient manner, including deactivation of merchandise with respect to the EAS Program.
- Promotes company sponsor programs, i.e., credit card service, product protection, and charity initiatives.
- Assists customers with bagging and loading of merchandise.
- Ensures safe work practices are followed, including proper lifting and keeping a clean work area.
- Maintains register security and integrity through diligent cash handling, adherence to relevant company policies, and awareness of surroundings.
- Refers appropriate service and transactional items to a Customer Service Manager as required.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
As required by law, Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates.
420 NINTH ST W, CORNWALL, ON K6J 0B3, Canada
Are you currently a Walmart associate?
Please log in to your Workday account and use the Find Jobs report to apply for this job.
What skills and qualities are important for a Cashier?
Being a cashier requires a unique set of skills and qualities to ensure efficient and accurate handling of transactions and provide excellent customer service. Here are some important skills and qualities for a cashier:
Numeracy and Basic Math Skills: Cashiers need to be comfortable with numbers, as they handle cash, make change, calculate totals, and process transactions accurately. Strong basic math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, are essential.
Attention to Detail: Cashiers must pay close attention to detail to avoid errors in cash handling and transaction processing. They need to carefully count money, verify prices, and ensure that customers receive the correct change.
Customer Service: Excellent customer service skills are vital for cashiers. They are often the first point of contact for customers, and they should be friendly, polite, and helpful. Cashiers should be able to handle customer inquiries, resolve issues, and provide a positive shopping experience.
Effective Communication: Cashiers need good communication skills to interact with customers, colleagues, and supervisors. Clear verbal communication helps in understanding customer needs, answering questions, and providing instructions.
While prior cashier experience can be beneficial, many cashier positions provide on-the-job training to develop these skills. Developing these qualities and skills can enhance a cashier’s effectiveness, contribute to customer satisfaction, and open up opportunities for growth within the retail or customer service industry.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Online: Apply On Company Website
OTHERS APPLIED FOR THESE TOO: