Keewatin House Lodge Inc. based in Winnipeg, MB is urgently in need of Administrative Assistant. Working with Keewatin House Lodge Inc. comes with lots of benefits. Continue reading to apply.
- Job Position: Administrative Assistant
- Employer: Keewatin House Lodge Inc.
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Salary: 22.50 hourly / 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
1 year to less than 2 years
- Arrange and co-ordinate seminars, conferences, etc.
- Supervise other workers
- Train other workers
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars and conferences
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Answer electronic enquiries
- Compile data, statistics and other information
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Train, direct and motivate staff
- Supervise office and volunteer staff
- Respond to employee questions and complaints
- Plan, develop and implement recruitment strategies
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks
- Oversee the preparation of reports
- Oversee development of communication strategies
- Oversee the classification and rating of occupations
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers
- Manage contracts
- Manage training and development strategies
- Establish and implement policies and procedures
- Conduct performance reviews
- Conduct research
- Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs
- Organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
- Perform data entry
- Oversee payroll administration
- Provide customer service
- Liaise with management, union officials and HR consultants
- Advise senior management
- Oversee the analysis of employee data and information
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
How to apply
86 Keewatin Street Winnipeg, MB R3E 3C6
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
About the Job Position: Administrative Assistant
Job Position: Administrative Assistant in Canada
An administrative assistant plays a crucial role in providing support and organization within an office or organizational setting. They are responsible for a wide range of administrative and clerical tasks that contribute to the smooth operation of the office and the efficiency of daily tasks.
- Interpersonal communication: Answering and directing phone calls, emails, and inquiries from clients, customers, and colleagues.
- Scheduling: Managing calendars, scheduling appointments, and arranging meetings and conferences.
- Document management: Creating, formatting, and proofreading documents, reports, and presentations.
- Data entry: Inputting and maintaining accurate records, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Correspondence: Drafting and sending letters, memos, and other correspondence.
- Office supplies: Ordering and managing office supplies and equipment.
- Reception: Greeting and assisting visitors, clients, and guests.
- Travel arrangements: Coordinating travel plans, accommodations, and itineraries.
- Filing and organization: Managing physical and digital filing systems for easy retrieval of information.
- Assistance to managers: Providing support to managers and executives, which may include preparing reports, presentations, and handling confidential information.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Interpersonal communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including professional phone and email etiquette.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others and collaborate on projects.
- Attention to detail: Accurate data entry, proofreading, and document formatting skills are essential.
- Computer proficiency: Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, and office equipment.
- Time management: Efficiently managing time to meet deadlines and handle various tasks effectively.
- Problem-solving: Ability to identify issues and find practical solutions independently.
- Customer service: Positive and friendly demeanor when interacting with colleagues and external contacts.
- Adaptability: Willingness to adapt to changing priorities and take on new tasks as needed.
Salaries for administrative assistants in Canada can vary based on factors such as location, industry, experience, and the level of responsibilities. As of November 2022, the average hourly wage for an administrative assistant in Canada ranged from $16.67 to $34 CAD per hour.
Note: These wages were updated on November 16th, 2022 and are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about this methodology here.
Other Important Information:
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required, though some employers may prefer candidates with post-secondary education or relevant certifications.
- Certification: While not always mandatory, certifications such as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) can enhance job prospects.
- Industry demand: Administrative assistants are needed in a variety of industries, including healthcare, education, government, finance, and more.
- Advancement: Administrative assistants can often advance within their roles or move on to roles with greater responsibilities, such as executive assistants or office managers.
Keep in mind that job market conditions and salary figures may have changed since my last update, so it’s advisable to consult more recent sources or job listings for the most current information.
About the Employer: Keewatin House Lodge Inc.
Address: 86 Keewatin St, Winnipeg, MB R3E 3C6, Canada
Keewatin House Lodge Inc. is a medical group located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The company was founded in 1989 and has since grown to become one of the largest medical groups in the city.
Keewatin House Lodge Inc. offers a wide range of medical services, including:
- Family medicine
- Internal medicine
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Pain management
- Mental health
The company has a team of over 100 doctors and other healthcare professionals who are dedicated to providing their patients with the highest quality care. Keewatin House Lodge Inc. is also home to a number of specialty clinics, including a sleep apnea clinic, a weight loss clinic, and a fertility clinic.
The company is located at 86 Keewatin Street in Winnipeg. The office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach the office by phone at (204) 306-9450.
If you are looking for a medical group in Winnipeg, Keewatin House Lodge Inc. is a great option. The company has a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing their patients with the highest quality care.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CURRENTLY APPLYING FOR: