This job is urgent and it is LMIA Approved. If you don not mind working as a housekeeper, then this jobs is for you. If you are competent and ready to work continue reading to see exactly how to apply.
JOB DETAILS: Housekeeper at Best Western Plus Merritt Hotel
Location: Merritt, BC
Salary: $22.00 hourly
Employment Terms: Permanent, Full-time, Flexible Hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Education: No degree, certificate, or diploma required
Experience: Willing to train
- Sweep, mop, wash, and polish floors
- Dust furniture
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture
- Make beds and change sheets
- Stock linen closet
- Clean, disinfect, and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Handle and report lost and found items
- Attend to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Wash windows, walls, and ceilings
- Clean changing rooms and showers
Who Can Apply
The employer welcomes applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit
How to Apply
Please send your resume via email to: [email protected]
About the Best Western Plus Merritt Hotel in Merritt, Canada
The Best Western Plus Merritt Hotel is a modern and relaxed hotel located in Merritt, British Columbia. It’s conveniently situated at the junction of 4 major highways, making it an ideal stopover for travelers exploring the region. Here’s a summary of the hotel‘s key features:
- 83 newly built guest rooms, the largest and most modern in Merritt
- All rooms equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi, hardwired internet, 43-inch LED TVs, single-serve coffee maker, and mini-fridge (perfect for extended stays)
- Family-friendly rooms available
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Indoor pool and hot tub to unwind after a long day
- 24-hour fitness center to maintain your workout routine
- Business center with meeting room for up to 65 people
- Guest laundry facilities
- Tesla charging stations for electric vehicles
- Ample parking for all types of vehicles
- Friendly and attentive staff dedicated to exceeding guest expectations
- Convenient location near various restaurants and lounges
- Relaxing decor with a modern ambiance
LMIA Approved: Yes
Join our team at Best Western Plus Merritt Hotel and be a part of creating memorable experiences for our guests. Apply now and embark on a rewarding career journey with us!
Work Environment for Housekeepers in Canada
The work environment for housekeepers in Canada can vary depending on the specific establishment. Generally, housekeepers work in hotels, resorts, hospitals, residential care facilities, and private households. Here are some aspects of the work environment they may encounter:
- Physical Demands: Housekeeping often involves physical tasks such as bending, lifting, and standing for extended periods. It can be physically demanding, requiring stamina and endurance.
- Varied Settings: Housekeepers may work indoors in various settings, including guest rooms, common areas, and laundry facilities. They may also work outdoors for tasks like cleaning exterior areas.
- Team Collaboration: In larger establishments, housekeepers typically work as part of a team under the supervision of a housekeeping manager or supervisor. Effective communication and teamwork are essential for coordinating tasks and ensuring efficient operations.
- Customer Interaction: Housekeepers in hotels and resorts may interact with guests, responding to requests for additional amenities or services. Professionalism and a friendly demeanor are important for providing excellent customer service.
- Fast-paced Environment: The hospitality industry often operates at a fast pace, especially during peak seasons. Housekeepers must work efficiently to meet cleaning deadlines and maintain high cleanliness standards.
Tips for Working as a Housekeeper in Canada
- Time Management: Develop effective time management skills to prioritize tasks and complete them efficiently within designated timeframes.
- Attention to Detail: Pay close attention to detail when cleaning and inspecting rooms to ensure thoroughness and maintain cleanliness standards.
- Communication Skills: Communicate effectively with supervisors, coworkers, and guests to coordinate tasks and address any concerns or special requests.
- Physical Fitness: Maintain physical fitness to handle the demands of the job, including lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods.
- Adaptability: Be flexible and adaptable to changes in workload, scheduling, and guest preferences, especially in dynamic hospitality environments.
Skills and Knowledge Needed as a Housekeeper in Canada
- Cleaning Techniques: Proficiency in various cleaning techniques, including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and disinfecting, is essential for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene.
- Organization: Strong organizational skills to efficiently manage cleaning supplies, equipment, and tasks.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of safety protocols and procedures to prevent accidents and ensure a safe work environment for oneself and others.
- Customer Service: Basic customer service skills to interact courteously with guests and address their needs or concerns professionally.
- Problem-solving: Ability to identify and address cleaning challenges or issues efficiently, such as stains or spills, using appropriate cleaning methods and products.
Education and Certification Required to Become a Housekeeper in Canada
In Canada, formal education is not typically required to become a housekeeper. However, employers may prefer candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent. Certification or training in housekeeping or hospitality-related fields can be advantageous and may be offered by vocational schools or online platforms.
Qualities Important for a Housekeeper in Canada
- Reliability: Dependability and punctuality are crucial for fulfilling job responsibilities and maintaining consistent cleanliness standards.
- Trustworthiness: Housekeepers often have access to guests’ personal spaces and belongings, requiring honesty and integrity in handling items and respecting privacy.
- Professionalism: Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor while interacting with guests and coworkers, representing the establishment positively.
- Efficiency: Work efficiently and effectively to complete tasks within designated timeframes while upholding quality standards.
- Positive Attitude: Maintain a positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a pleasant guest experience, even during busy or challenging times.