These Home Child Care Provider Jobs are LMIA Approved. Most of these Home Child Care Provider Jobs come with lots of benefits. So if you are a Foreigner, then you can’t afford to miss this. Calm down and read the details to learn how to apply before the application period closes.
Job details: Home Child Care Provider – LMIA Approved
Job Position: Home Child Care Provider
Company: Michael Mark Pineda
Location: Vancouver, BC
Salary: $16.75 hourly
Terms of Employment: Permanent employment, Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
LMIA APPROVED: Yes
This means that the employer has an approved Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire a foreign worker to fill labour or skills shortages on a temporary basis. Canadians and Permanent residents are able and encouraged to apply.
Are you a dedicated and nurturing individual with a passion for child care? An LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) approved employer in Vancouver, BC, is seeking a compassionate Home Child Care Provider to provide essential care for a loving family. If you are looking to make a difference in a child’s life and meet the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
Job Position: Home Child Care Provider
As a Home Child Care Provider, you will have the opportunity to create a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment for children. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assuming Responsibility: Caring for children in the absence of parents, ensuring their well-being and safety.
- Housekeeping and Cleaning: Performing light housekeeping and cleaning duties to maintain a tidy and organized living space.
- Child Supervision: Traveling with the family on trips, providing child supervision, and assisting with housekeeping tasks during travels.
- Childcare: Bathing, dressing, and feeding infants and children, following parental preferences for discipline and instruction.
- Child Development: Instructing children in personal hygiene, social development, and engaging them in age-appropriate activities.
- Record Keeping: Maintaining records of daily activities and children’s health information.
- Safe Environment: Ensuring a safe and healthy environment in the home, including organizing games and outings for children.
- Nutritious Meals: Preparing and serving nutritious meals for children.
- Transportation: Safely taking children to and from school and appointments as needed.
- Emotional Well-Being: Attending to the emotional well-being of children, offering support, care, and guidance.
- Certificates and Licenses: CPR Certificate, First Aid Certificate.
Security and Safety:
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
- Public transportation is available
- Willing to travel
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Repetitive tasks
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including individuals self-identifying as Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, visible minorities, and youth.
Who Can Apply to This Job?
Please apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you meet these criteria and are legally authorized to work in Canada, we invite you to apply for this rewarding opportunity.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please send your application to [email protected]. In your application, include:
- References attesting to your experience
- A letter of recommendation
Important: This job posting includes screening questions. When applying, please answer the following question:
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Over 1,400 Home Child Care Provider Jobs in Canada
There are currently over 1,400 Home Child Care Provider Jobs available for immediate employment.
Canada Home Child Care Provider: Essential Skills and Knowledge
As a home child care provider in Canada, you play a vital role in the lives of children and their families. You are responsible for ensuring their safety and well-being, as well as contributing to their emotional and developmental growth. To excel in this profession, you must possess a specific set of skills and knowledge.
Here are the key competencies and attributes required:
- Child development knowledge: Understanding child development stages, from infancy to adolescence, is essential. Knowledge of age-appropriate activities and how to stimulate cognitive, emotional, and social growth is vital.
- Patience and empathy: Children may have varying needs, temperaments, and moods. Patience and empathy are crucial for providing individualized care and support to each child.
- Safety awareness: A strong commitment to safety is non-negotiable. You should be well-versed in child safety protocols, such as childproofing, safe sleep practices, and emergency response.
- Communication skills: Effective communication is key when interacting with children, parents, and other caregivers. Clear and age-appropriate communication helps build trust and understanding.
- Organization: Home child care often involves managing multiple tasks, from preparing meals to coordinating activities. Being organized ensures a smooth daily routine.
- First aid and CPR: Knowledge of first aid and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) is crucial to handle medical emergencies and ensure child safety.
- Problem-solving: Children can present challenges that require creative problem-solving. Adaptability and quick thinking are invaluable in resolving issues and conflicts.
- Developmental activities: Skill in planning and organizing developmental activities that enhance children’s learning, such as age-appropriate games, crafts, and educational experiences.
- Nutrition and meal preparation: Knowledge of children’s nutritional needs and the ability to prepare well-balanced and age-appropriate meals is essential.
- Record-keeping: Maintaining records of children’s activities, schedules, and health information helps keep parents informed and ensures a smooth transition of care.
- Cultural sensitivity: Recognizing and respecting cultural and diverse backgrounds is vital when caring for children from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Time management: Effective time management is critical to juggle various responsibilities, such as meal preparation, playtime, nap schedules, and educational activities.
- Regulatory compliance: Familiarity with local and national regulations related to child care is crucial. This includes licensing requirements, safety standards, and record-keeping rules.
- Emotional resilience: Caring for children can be emotionally taxing. Emotional resilience and self-care practices are vital to maintain your own well-being and provide the best care to children.
- Conflict resolution: The ability to manage conflicts and resolve disputes among children in a fair and age-appropriate manner is important.
By possessing these skills and knowledge, you can provide exceptional care as a home child care provider in Canada. Your role plays a significant part in nurturing the next generation and helping children thrive in a safe and supportive environment.