General Farm Worker Job Location: Calmar, AB T0C 0V0, Canada
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 Per Hour
General Farm Worker Jobs in Canada 2023 | Agriculture and Farm Work in Canada for Foreigners: One of the greatest sectors and sources of long-term employment in Canada is agriculture and farming, which offers the finest jobs to both Canadian citizens and millions of foreign workers. In order to apply for the preferred employment, review the list of the newest agricultural jobs in Canada.
Farm Jobs in Canada for Foreigners in 2023
The agriculture and farming industry is one of the largest and most important sectors in Canada. It provides jobs for millions of Canadians and foreigners alike. If you are looking for a long-term career in agriculture, Canada is a great place to start.
There are many different types of farm jobs available in Canada, from basic manual labor to skilled positions in management and engineering. Some of the most common farm jobs for foreigners include:
- Farm laborers: Farm laborers are responsible for a variety of tasks, such as planting, harvesting, and tending to livestock.
- Machinery operators: Machinery operators use tractors, harvesters, and other equipment to plant, harvest, and process crops.
- Nursery workers: Nursery workers plant, care for, and sell trees, shrubs, and other plants.
- Greenhouse workers: Greenhouse workers plant, care for, and harvest flowers, vegetables, and other crops in greenhouses.
- Dairy workers: Dairy workers milk cows, clean barns, and process milk.
- Poultry workers: Poultry workers feed chickens, collect eggs, and process poultry meat.
To be eligible for most farm jobs in Canada, you must have a valid work permit. You may also need to have experience in agriculture or farming. However, there are some farm jobs that do not require experience or a work permit.
The agricultural sector in Canada is growing rapidly, and there is a high demand for foreign workers. If you are interested in a career in agriculture, Canada is a great place to start. There are many different types of farm jobs available, and the wages are competitive. Plus, Canada is a beautiful country with a lot to offer.
Peters Dairy Ltd. located in Calmar, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day, Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning.
- Location: Calmar, AB
- Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- No. of vacancies: 1 vacancy
- Languages: English
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years in dairy farming or a related field
- Ability to milk cows
- Ability to feed and water cattle
- Ability to clean and disinfect barns and equipment
- Ability to monitor cattle health
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle physical work in a rural environment
- Rural area
- Dairy farm
- Dairy farm workers may be eligible for health insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave.
- Some farms may also offer retirement plans and tuition reimbursement.
- Calving: Assist with the birth of livestock, such as cows, sheep, and goats.
- Handling animals: Care for and manage livestock, such as feeding, watering, grooming, and cleaning.
- Milk cows: Milk cows by hand or machine.
- Provide agricultural livestock services:
- Artificial insemination: Insert semen into the reproductive tract of a female animal to artificially inseminate her.
- Spraying or shearing of livestock: Spray or shear livestock to control parasites or for grooming purposes.
- Disinfecting pens, barns, or poultry houses: Disinfect pens, barns, or poultry houses to control pests and diseases.
If you are a hard-working and dedicated individual with experience in dairy farming, we encourage you to apply for this position. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we are committed to providing our employees with a safe and rewarding work environment.
How to apply
Please send your resume to: [email protected]
OTHER JOBS PEOPLE ARE APPLYING FOR: