Walmart Canada urgently needs a Direct Store Delivery Associate. If working as a Direct Store Delivery Associate is something you can handle, kindly continue reading to apply.
Job Opportunity: Direct Store Delivery Associate
Company: Walmart Canada Location: 1D Pine Drive, Parry Sound, ON Position: Direct Store Delivery Associate Shift: Morning, Night, Overnight Wage: $23.38 per hour Position Summary… Working as a Direct Store Delivery Associate at Walmart Canada is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in the retail industry. As a Direct Store Delivery Associate, you will coordinate and efficiently process direct and local merchandise for delivery to the sales floor, ensuring a positive shopping experience to drive customer loyalty. If you are looking for an exciting job in customer service or retail, working as a Direct Store Delivery Associate may be a great fit for you! What you’ll do…
- Ensure high-ticket merchandise is properly secured in a designated location.
- Process direct and local shipments promptly, including OMNI merchandise, alcohol, and receiving of warehouse trailers.
- Train other DSD Associates to follow all receiving area processes.
- Ensure a clean receiving area by preparing returns, claims, MTR’S for prompt shipment with all necessary documentation.
- Follow and promote safety rules for lifting procedures, box blades, pallet jacks, ladders, etc.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager, Office Support Associate to effectively correct any problems or discrepancies.
- Safeguard backdoor and key controls to ensure compliance with Company guidelines.
- Follow guidelines for cold chain compliance to ensure quality assurance, including documenting all necessary information on the Receiving Temperature Log / Sure Check App.
Minimum Qualifications… Age – 16 or older Preferred Qualifications… Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law. Primary Location… 1 Pine Dr, Parry Sound, ON P2A 3C3, Canada Who Can Apply to This Job? The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit. To apply for this job, click here.
Work Environment for Directs Store Delivery Associate The work environment for a Direct Store Delivery (DSD) Associate can be fast-paced and dynamic. DSD Associates typically spend their time on the road, traveling to various stores or client locations to deliver products.
They may work both inside delivery vehicles and interact with store personnel. DSD Associates often work independently, with responsibility for managing their delivery routes and schedules.
This requires self-reliance and the ability to problem-solve on the go. They may encounter traffic delays, detours, or other unexpected challenges that require quick thinking and adaptability.
The job of a DSD Associate can involve physical labor, including loading and unloading products from delivery vehicles, which may contain heavy or bulky items.
Attention to detail is crucial to ensure accuracy in order fulfillment, such as confirming quantities and checking product codes.
The working hours for DSD Associates can vary, and they may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, or holidays. This flexibility in scheduling allows for efficient delivery during optimal store operating hours.
DSD Associates frequently interact with store personnel, suppliers, and occasionally customers. Effective communication skills are essential for coordinating deliveries, resolving issues, and maintaining positive professional relationships.
The work environment can be relatively independent, with limited time spent in a centralized office or warehouse. Instead, DSD Associates may spend the majority of their time on the road and in-store environments as they complete their deliveries.
Overall, the work environment for a DSD Associate can be challenging yet rewarding, offering opportunities for independence, problem-solving, and building relationships with store personnel.
A Direct Store Delivery (DSD) Associate is responsible for delivering and stocking products in retail stores. They are the link between the distributor or manufacturer and the retailer, and they play a vital role in ensuring that products are available to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Unloading and inspecting merchandise: DSD Associates unload merchandise from delivery trucks and inspect it for damage. They may also be responsible for counting and sorting the merchandise.
- Stocking shelves: DSD Associates stock shelves with merchandise, ensuring that products are properly rotated and that there is enough product to meet customer demand.
- Checking expiration dates: DSD Associates check expiration dates on products and remove any expired items from the shelves.
- Merchandising: DSD Associates may also be responsible for merchandising products, which involves creating displays and ensuring that products are attractively arranged on the shelves.
- Cleaning and maintaining the store: DSD Associates may be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the store, such as sweeping floors, emptying trash cans, and wiping down shelves.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent: A high school diploma or equivalent is typically required for entry-level DSD positions.
- Valid driver’s license: DSD Associates must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects: DSD Associates must be able to lift and move heavy objects, such as boxes of merchandise.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team: DSD Associates must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills: DSD Associates must have excellent communication and customer service skills, as they will be interacting with store employees and customers.
- Competitive salary and benefits: DSD Associates typically receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off.
- Opportunity for advancement: There is opportunity for advancement in the DSD field. DSD Associates can become supervisors, managers, or even sales representatives.
The job outlook for DSD Associates is good. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment of delivery truck drivers and helpers will grow by 8% from 2020 to 2030, faster than the average for all occupations. This growth is expected to be driven by the increasing popularity of online shopping and home delivery.
The DSD industry is a fast-paced and challenging environment. However, it can also be a rewarding career, as DSD Associates plays a vital role in ensuring that products are available to customers.
The average salary for a DSD Associate in Canada is $20.00 per hour. However, salaries can vary depending on experience, location, and employer.
DSD Associates typically work full-time hours. They may work early mornings, late nights, and weekends.
DSD Associates typically work in a warehouse or distribution center. They may also work in retail stores.