Salesforce Admin Jobs Canada: Businesses of all sizes around the world use Salesforce, a leading cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform. Salesforce admins are responsible for managing and maintaining Salesforce systems, and they are in high demand in Canada.
Career in Canada as a Salesforce Administrator
With its dynamic tech scene and ever-growing demand for skilled professionals, Canada is an ideal hub to launch a thriving career in the IT industry. And if you’re looking for a specific niche with promising prospects, consider joining the ranks of Salesforce administrators.
Soaring Demand for Salesforce Expertise in Canada
Salesforce, a leading cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform, has revolutionized the way businesses interact with their customers. As more and more Canadian companies adopt Salesforce to manage their sales, marketing, and customer service operations, the demand for Salesforce administrators has skyrocketed.
The Role of a Salesforce Administrator
Salesforce administrators play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Salesforce systems within an organization. They are responsible for configuring, customizing, and maintaining Salesforce instances, ensuring that users have access to the data and tools they need to succeed.
Are Salesforce Admin Jobs in Demand?
In a word, yes. The demand for Salesforce administrators is booming in Canada, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years. According to Indeed, there are over 10,000 Salesforce admin jobs open in Canada right now.
How Much Does an Entry Level Salesforce Administrator Make in Canada?
The average salary for an entry-level Salesforce administrator in Canada is around $60,000 per year. With experience, this salary can increase to well over $100,000 per year.
Is Salesforce Admin Enough to Get a Job?
While having a Salesforce certification is not strictly required to get a job as a Salesforce administrator, it can be a significant advantage. Employers often prefer candidates with certifications, as it demonstrates their knowledge and expertise in the Salesforce platform.
Top Skills for Salesforce Admins in Canada
Employers in Canada highly seek additional skills, apart from Salesforce certification. These include:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SQL and other data management tools
Salesforce admin careers
There are many different career paths for Salesforce admins. Some Salesforce admins choose to specialize in a particular industry, such as healthcare, finance, or retail. Others choose to become Salesforce consultants, which involves helping businesses implement and use Salesforce.
Salesforce system administrator
Salesforce system administrators are responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Salesforce systems. They also work with users to troubleshoot problems and provide training.
Salesforce admin jobs for freshers
There are many Salesforce admin jobs for freshers in Canada. Many companies are willing to hire entry-level Salesforce admins who have the right skills and attitude.
Salesforce database administrator
Salesforce database administrators are responsible for managing and maintaining Salesforce databases. They also work with users to ensure that data is accurate and secure.
Salesforce crm administrator
Salesforce CRM administrators are responsible for configuring and customizing Salesforce CRM systems. They also work with sales teams to use Salesforce to track and manage customer relationships.
Salesforce administrator entry level jobs
There are many Salesforce administrator entry-level jobs in Canada. These jobs typically require a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, as well as some experience with Salesforce.
Job Opportunity: Salesforce Zuora Developer
Position: Salesforce Zuora Developer
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Type of Employment: Full-Time / Remote
Salary: $63.19 /hour
Benefits: Health benefits
Vacancies: 12 vacancies
For over 20 years, PointClickCare has been a cornerstone in senior care, boasting the richest senior care dataset and unparalleled connections to the healthcare ecosystem. With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve evolved into the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Enterprise Applications, the Salesforce Developer at PointClickCare plays a vital role in focusing on prioritized deliverables set by the Enterprise Solutions & Applications department. A continuous-improvement mindset and a positive, supportive personality are essential for success in this role.
The Salesforce Zuora Developer will be responsible for aiding in defining and developing the system requirements of our internal business partners. They will also lead the development of technical documentation and provide training on the systems and processes developed by the Enterprise Applications group.
This role serves as a key supporter of our Salesforce Zuora implementation, ensuring that customization and configuration decisions are made with the long-term health of Salesforce and Zuora in mind. The role will focus heavily on cross-functional collaboration, Salesforce configuration/customization, Zuora configuration/customization, and internal business unit consulting.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Application Analysts to validate business requirements and considerations (security, scalability, limits), adhering to Salesforce and Zuora best practices.
- Develop and maintain Apex (classes and triggers) to extend Salesforce in a scalable manner, supporting business requirements related to Zuora.
- Design, configure, and build customized solutions in Zuora CPQ and Billing.
- Maintain code documentation and write/maintain test classes for all custom development.
- Perform technical support processes and activities for the implementation of new or existing applications.
- Evaluate new products and services for suitability.
- Provide long-term design guidance to ensure a healthy Salesforce environment in the future.
- Coach and mentor peers on Salesforce development best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or College diploma.
- Salesforce Administrator certification.
- Salesforce Platform App Builder certification.
- Salesforce Platform Developer I certification.
- 5+ years of experience as a Salesforce Developer.
- Expert understanding of Salesforce.com Sales & Service Cloud key concepts.
- CPQ & Billing, Experience Cloud, and CRM Analytics experience is a major asset.
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification is a major asset.
- Proven business process acumen.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience developing Zuora applications and customizations.
- Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification (preferred).
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers, improving their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. We appreciate the time and effort you put into your application and thank you in advance.
Apply: Online Application Portal
Salesforce Admin Jobs in Toronto
Toronto, Canada’s largest city, is a major hub for technology and innovation. As a result, there is a strong demand for Salesforce admins in the city. Businesses of all sizes use Salesforce, a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform, to actively manage their customer relationships. Salesforce admins are responsible for implementing, customizing, and maintaining Salesforce systems.
Demand for Salesforce Admin Jobs in Toronto
The demand for Salesforce admins in Toronto is high and is expected to continue to grow in the coming years. This is due to the increasing adoption of Salesforce by businesses in the city. In a recent survey, 70% of businesses in Toronto said they are using Salesforce or are planning to implement it in the next year.
Skills Required for Salesforce Admin Jobs in Toronto
The skills required for Salesforce admin jobs in Toronto vary depending on the specific role, but some of the most common skills include:
- Salesforce certification (e.g., Salesforce Administrator Certified, Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant)
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud
- Strong understanding of customer relationship management (CRM) principles
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Salaries for Salesforce Admin jobs in Toronto
The average salary for a Salesforce administrator in Toronto is $75,000 per year. However, salaries can vary depending on experience, skills, and certifications. Experienced Salesforce admins can earn salaries of $100,000 or more.
How to Find Salesforce Admin Jobs in Toronto
There are a number of ways to find Salesforce admin jobs in Toronto. Some of the best resources include:
- Online job boards: Indeed, LinkedIn, Glassdoor
- Salesforce Canada Job Board: https://careers.salesforce.com/en/
Networking is also a great way to find Salesforce admin jobs in Toronto. Attend Salesforce events and meetups, and connect with other Salesforce professionals on LinkedIn.
Salesforce admin jobs in Toronto are in high demand and offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and earning potential. If you are interested in a career in Salesforce administration, Toronto is a great place to start your search.
Conclusion on Salesforce Admin Jobs Canada
Salesforce admin is a great career choice for people who are interested in working in the tech industry. Salesforce admins are in high demand in Canada, and there are many opportunities for career advancement.